Back to School, Back to Church
Back to school, back to church! As we head into August and back to school, let’s be intentional about getting back to worship after a summer full of travels, events, and other blessings of summer.
New to Hendersonville or looking for a church to attend? August is an excellent time to come take a look at what worship and community at Hendersonville First United Methodist is like. Here are a few upcoming opportunities:
Pastor Joshua will begin a new sermon series on Sunday, August 5 called Pillars: Foundations that Make the Church Different than Other Gatherings. We offer two styles of worship. Traditional worship is at 8:15 am and 11 am in the Sanctuary. Contemporary worship is at 10:45 am in the gym.
Join us August 5 and August 19 at 9:30 am for the Newcomers Class. This is open to anyone (guest or long-time member) looking to learn more about the church. Each first Sunday the class covers an introduction to the United Methodist denomination, while each third Sunday gives participants an overview of ways to connect, grow and serve at HFUMC. Find us in Room AW-237 (Administrative Wing), but stop by the Welcome Desk on the way and they will gladly help you find your way.
Children's Sunday School
On Sunday, August 5, all our children and youth move up to the next Sunday School class based on age/grade.
- Nursery - M-110 (offered from 8 am until Noon)
- Preschool - CW 160
- Kindergarten - Join us in room CW 160 before we parade up to the assembly room in our annual Kindergarten Parade! Pickup up in CW 224
- 1st - Meet in Assembly Room CW 224; pickup in CW 222
- 2nd/3rd - Meet in Assembly Room CW 224; pickup in CW 224
- 4th/5th - Meet in Assembly Room CW 224; pickup in CW 226
- 6th - Meet in Assembly Room CW 224; pickup in CW 228
6th Grade Confirmation Class
Parents of 6th graders, please join us on August 12 at 5 pm in the Genesis Hall to learn more about your 6th grader's confirmation year. Students will spend the year learning what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and a member of the United Methodist Church.
HFUMC Youth Fall Kick-off
HFUMC Youth Fall Kick-off will be Sunday, August 5, from 5 to 7:30 pm at Saunders Ferry Park, Shelter 8! This is a great opportunity to learn about what's going on this year in youth. Food, games, and color war... come dressed for mess. Families welcome and bring a friend!
Other upcoming youth events:
- The Lounge High School kicks off: August 12 from 5-7 pm in the Youth Lounge
- The Lounge Middle School kicks off: August 12 from 5-7 pm in the Youth Lounge
- Student Worship and Arts Team kicks off: Sunday, August 12 at 3:45 in the Youth Lounge
- Youth Discipleship Groups kick off: August 22 from 5:30-7:30 pm in the Youth Lounge
Posted on Fri, July 27, 2018