What You Might Not Know About United Methodist Women But Should
In 2018, the HFUMC United Methodist Women unit has been working tirelessly, OK, maybe tiredly, for 100 consecutive years in mission projects for women and children and youth. Look for butterflies, banners, and cookies among other ways and signs of celebration as this calendar progresses.
2019 marks the 150 anniversary of United Methodist Women. Our celebration will continue through this year as we celebrate one of the largest, if not the largest, Christian women's group in the world. Spread the word about our dedication to missions for women and children.
Summer Homework for July
1) Send Book Names. Send in the names of one or two of your all-time favorite books (any genre) to Jody Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. A list will be compiled of 100 favorite books shared by our UMW unit.
2) Educate yourself about UMW. Several websites can help you learn amazing things. Browse through your UMW yearbook to familiarize yourself with the circles, their themes, and their leaders. Talk to at least two people about our UMW program.
3) Attend Mission U and Circle Meetings. Mission U is scheduled July 12 and 13 at St. Mark's UMC in Murfreesboro, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Circle leaders should have registration forms in their e-mail in their district/conference newsletter. If you cannot obtain one, please contact Carol Atkins for an e-mail copy. Mission U usually offers three topics for study, and you choose the one you prefer. You will then be prepared to teach the topic to groups in your church. There is also a night course at St. Mark on these same nights, beginning at 5:30. Further info is on the registration form.
Lydia Circle will meet at the church on Saturday, July 14, at 11:46, to carpool to lunch at Thistle Farms on Charlotte Avenue in Nashville. Thistle Farms is a program that provides food, shelter, treatment and job training to help women get their lives back on track. Anyone who wants to join us is invited to come along. Please contact Dollena McHenry, Lydia Chairperson, if you plan to go. (email@example.com or 615-337-4800).
Other Upcoming Dates
- August 10: Annual reports are due to appropriate District Officers to be compiled for annual meeting. If you are an officer, please check to see if you have a form from the officers training course.
- September 7-9: UMW Conference Spiritual Life Retreat at Beersheba Springs, TN. Contact Carol Atkins or Jody Robinson for registration forms.
- September 11 at 10 am: Unit Meeting in Genesis Hall, Please note date change due to Labor Day the previous week.
- October 6 at 9 am: District Annual Meeting at Lafayette UMC
- October 13 at 9 am: Conference Annual Meeting at Murfreesboro First UMC
- October 27 at 9 am: Fall Extravaganza at HFUMC
- December 8: UMW Christmas Tea, Family Life Center
Posted on Mon, June 25, 2018