Following national recommendation and guidance from Bishop McAlilly, our public worship services will be suspended through May. Until then, we will continue to worship online Sundays at 10:45 AM on hfurmc.org/online and facebook.com/hfumc. You can also view services on Channel 3 (Channel 99 for AT&T users) Tuesday at 7 PM. Read the latest statement from Bishop McAlilly.
This is hard, we know. Your HFUMC staff greatly misses seeing your faces and worshiping together in person. That said, we know the church is bigger than our building and our gatherings. We are grateful to have the technology to worship online and joyful to know that churches across the globe are doing the same - all to praise our Lord and find peace and comfort in Him.
I want to take this time to answer a few questions you probably have:
How Can I Stay Connected To HFUMC?
We are still active! I'm so grateful for the staff and volunteers working to connect and grow our congregation during this time. Here are some options:
Kids: Watch Mr. John's Sunday message and download a family lesson plan in the HFUMC Kids Facebook Group. Kids can also join Zoom meetings on Sundays and Wednesdays! Lower Elementary (K-2nd) is at 1:30, and upper elementary (3rd-5th) is at 2:30. Zoom Meeting ID: 782-135-093
Youth: Youth Online meets Sundays and Wednesdays at 6 PM. Zoom Meeting ID: 731355560. Follow on Facebook and Instagram (hfumc.youth) for regular communication from Mrs. Jesse.
- Watch video devotionals throughout the week on social media and on the Video Devotionals page on the website. hfumc.org/video-devotionals
- Join Pastor Joshua Tuesdays at 2 PM for a devotion. Each week, he'll lead a brief meditation on a scripture recounting one of the promises of God and offer a time of brief discussion and prayer. The sessions will be roughly 30 minutes. Invite a friend - all are welcome! Zoom Meeting ID: 777467680
- We encourage you to take this time to reach out to people you know in our church. Give them a call or send them a text to check-in. We are counting on you to continue to love and serve as you always do.
- Many Sunday School classes are holding gatherings online. Please consider this!
- Stay up to date through Facebook, Instagram, or the website.
How can I help?
1) Make Medical Masks for Local Hospitals:
Beginning this week, we will have a labeled collection bin for medical masks under the carport by the atrium entrance. There are simple sewing instructions online including retail sites such as Joann Fabrics (https://www.joann.com/make-to-give-response/). If you are able to sew, we hope you’ll consider supporting this effort!
2) Give to the HFUMC Covid-19 Fund:
This specified fund will support our frontlines and the most vulnerable in our community. Community funds will be directed to agencies via the United Way of Sumner County to optimize our impact against most critical needs such as food, housing, utilities, etc. during this crisis. Please select the COVID-19 Fund in the online giving options. You can also text to give by texting HFUMC C19 to 73256.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to a pastor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message with the church office at 615-824-8725.
Please take care, be well, and be blessed in the name of Jesus,