We're excited to see you!
Sunday School is Coming Back!
Sunday, November 15, Sunday School classes will resume in person at HFUMC, and we are so excited! We will be asking that all abide by our COVID-safe protocols and wear masks, keep a social distance, avoid handshakes and hugs, and stay home if you are not well.
Other services available in person include weekday Children First Preschool (limited enrollment), Sunday morning worship services and pre-approved family memorial services, Sunday night Youth Group, 6th grade Confirmation Class, Wednesday night Youth Discipleship Groups, Adult Discipleship and Small Groups.
Return to In-Person Worship: What to Expect
Traditional service is held in the sanctuary at 8:15, and contemporary service follows at 10:45 in the gym. In order to ensure the health and well-being of our community and guests during worship services, things will look a little different than usual! Below is a comprehensive guide of what to expect.
We will continue to live stream both services through HFUMC.org/online and the HFUMC Facebook page. Whether worshipping online or on-campus, all guests are welcome to choose the worship option that best accommodates their needs. Easy venues will be accessible online and in-person to connect with others for worship and prayer. Guests may desire to worship online if...
- They feel more comfortable worshipping from home,
- Are in a high-risk category (See CDC Guidelines Here),
- Have small children
- Work with at-risk individuals we want to protect, or
- Are not feeling well.
The church campus will open to guests 30 minutes prior to services. We will implement a one-way entrance/exit process for both services and only one entrance will be open for each service. Traditional service attendees will enter and exit through the main sanctuary doors. Those attending the Contemporary service will enter and exit through the main atrium entrance (the entrance facing Indian Lake Blvd with the big "Welcome" sign). Volunteer greeters will be opening doors to ensure a touchless experience. Individuals needing physical assistance to their seat may be dropped off at the designated carpool lane near the sanctuary entrance (for Traditional service) and the carport entrance near the atrium (for Contemporary service).
During this initial phase of reopening, only limited entryways, worship spaces, and restrooms will be accessible. Please adhere to signs and partitions designating other areas of the building that will be “off limits” during Sunday morning worship. Hand sanitizer stations will be available at each entrance and all restrooms/worship spaces will be thoroughly sanitized between weekly services.
Changes to Services
Worship services will also have some changes. The most significant of which is that we will practice a touchless service. We ask that all guests be cognizant of others and refrain from physical contact (including hugs and handshakes). Be creative in showing care with “air hugs” and “air high-fives”! A few other changes include:
Ushers will be available to help direct guests from entrances to their seats and dismiss guests by row in both worship spaces. Please understand that seating will be directed for safe spacing between family groups (and that you may not be able to choose your seat)
- Families will be able to sit together, but chairs and pews will be partitioned to allow for six feet of space between different groups.
- Attendance pads, hymnals, pew Bibles, pencils, envelopes and bulletins will be temporarily removed from the worship spaces.
- Food, drinking fountains and coffee stations will also be unavailable at this time.
- Offering plates will not be passed during service; a giving receptacle will be located near the back of both worship spaces. Members are also encouraged to continue giving online or by texting HFUMC to 73256.
- Childcare will not be offered during at this time. Families with younger children are welcome to bring quiet toys or activities from home.
- All guests (except small children and infants) will be strongly encouraged to bring and wear masks. This measure is to ensure the safety of our community, guests and especially those who have elevated risk of contracting COVID-19. Please help do your part to love our at-risk neighbors by wearing a mask! Extra masks will be available at the entrances.
- Pastors, musical worship leaders, and others assisting in the on-stage leadership of services may not be able to wear masks during service, but will remain at least 15 feet from guests while leading. In some instances, the number of vocalists/musicians and other worship leaders may need to be reduced to ensure proper distancing protocols.
- Congregational singing will be optional (with masks), but not discouraged!
- Congregational communion will not be offered at this time.
Staff and Volunteers
All staff and volunteers will wear masks and gloves while assisting with services and will undergo a brief health screening and temperature check prior to serving each week.
We’re Excited to See You!
We can’t wait for the addition of on-campus options to connect with you and your family for worship! Whether joining us on-campus or online, know that we are praying for you and grateful for your ongoing commitments to Christ and HFUMC. Stay well and please pray for our church as we transition with these adaptations and continue in our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.